Saturday, October 30, 2010

Translation as painting techniques for the best statement – oil painting instruction

 You may hear me using the term “translation” in oil painting class and this is a relatively new in the
scope of oil paintng instruction and techniques for many artists. You look at a setup or
model which is exists in the visual world, then translate what you see
into paint.  Much like you might do if you translated French into
English…during this translation process the words you choose will be
colored by the intention of the phrase. What is your intention? When I use
the word translation, I mean I want you to take the painting to a little
bit different, higher place than maybe what just copying could do.  Once
in a while copying the subject is the highest place that the painting
could get to although, I would say in most times, that is not the case. 

What I want you to do is to look at the still life or figure, and look at... Read the rest of this article at: 

http://www.oilpaintingdvd.net/oil-painting-dvd/translation-as-painting-techniques-for-the-best-statement-oil-painting-intruction

Oil Painting DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment